dallas gawlick
Let Us Logo white-01.png

Let Us

an app designed to bring artists together

Let Us

an app designed to bring artists together

 
a quick logo I scribbled in my notebook and ported in Illustrator.

a quick logo I scribbled in my notebook and ported in Illustrator.

 
 

In this project I designed the user experience for a hypothetical application built to bring creatives together. Involved user profile creation, information architecture design, and prototyping (sketching, wireframing, and software).

 
Sketches of my app design and user flows led to wireframing.

Sketches of my app design and user flows led to wireframing.

 
 
 

I started the project with sketches of the design, and focused on user flows and how the app would respond to input.

Wireframes were iterated through as the design was changed. This is a shot of the Messaging page.

Wireframes were iterated through as the design was changed. This is a shot of the Messaging page.

I created wireframes with Adobe Illustrator, and tested them with Invision. This is a shot of the Feed page.

I created wireframes with Adobe Illustrator, and tested them with Invision. This is a shot of the Feed page.

User Profiles are a must for viewing project information and messaging other users if interested.

User Profiles are a must for viewing project information and messaging other users if interested.

I created and tested a functional prototype with InVision. The clickable InVision prototype can be found here.

Wes  likes medium-sized projects focused on creating unique, thoughtful pieces.

Wes likes medium-sized projects focused on creating unique, thoughtful pieces.

 

I created three user profiles through interviews with potential users focusing on their needs in the artistic community. Key insights were mapped to user flows and requirements for the app.

 
The Feed page would include favourite users, filtering of various artistic disciplines through the Settings, and the ability to swipe between User Bio and Map screens.

The Feed page would include favourite users, filtering of various artistic disciplines through the Settings, and the ability to swipe between User Bio and Map screens.

The Map page would use a custom version of the Google Maps API and include pins showing projects, filtered by artistic discipline and location.

The Map page would use a custom version of the Google Maps API and include pins showing projects, filtered by artistic discipline and location.

Tapped Map pins would include a brief project description and the ability to navigate directly to the User and their project.

Tapped Map pins would include a brief project description and the ability to navigate directly to the User and their project.

 

The project culminated in several final stills of what the app might look like with code. I learned to prioritize user experience over interface design, while incorporating user needs into the information architecture. It was challenging to commit myself to wireframes from the start, rather than finalize the look immediately - but this proved essential to a smooth, cohesive final appearance.